So, I am back in grad school after a month of travelling and enjoying my freedom. Three classes a semester. Its only week 2 and I feel the burn. Seriously.
The boy and I are living it up, in very seperate ways. He just got back from a bachelor party in montreal and had to go straight to a funeral for one of his partners. All I can do is be there for him, be supportive and hope this time goes easy for him.
I went to the girls bachelorette party- which consisted of a tame dinner at a really expensive resteraunt, and then we drank soda out of penis straws and made fun of each other in a magnificent apartment on the UWS that made me want to eat my heart out.
But listening to the girls talk about their engagement rings, and pretty funiture, made me think about whats important to me and my life, and where i want to go from here.
Not to mention that i just spent 2 weeks in israel, in the most magnificent of countries, getting back to my roots. I saw people riddled with war, constantly looking up to see if a bomb is about to fall on their lives and shatter their existence in more ways then one. I floated in the Dead Sea, Rode camels and made some pretty awesome friends sitting by a campfire in the middle of the desert. I am hoping to go back soon. (p.s. anyone whos jewish who reads this blog- i can get you on that trip for free- msg me)
Anyway, so here I am, back in action, all over the place and trying to save $ so that I can finally get married soon.
I want to keep updating. Ive kind of let this blog die last semester while i was writing thousand page papers, (ok, just 80 pages...) and i miss it.
here we go.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad to see you back. I'm glad you got to have a good time and do some real inner searching while in Israel.
Your travel story makes me realize how much of a homebody I am - I really need to get out more.
I love having those epiphanies about what it really important (or should I say who?).
welcome back! missed you!
Wow. I had no idea you went to Israel. I'd love to hear more about that. Goodness you have been busy. I'm glad things are getting slightly calmer for you. So sorry for your man's loss.
Post a Comment