can i tell you that i love you? do i tell you enough? and i dont mean corny, i love yous as substitutes for hellos and goodbyes. i live each day, and some days i dont get to talk to you, but i love you just the same. and when i say i love you, i mean
i would follow you to the ends of the earth
i love you in your good moods and in your bad moods.
i love you when you are angry or preoccupied with work
i love you when you dont have time to hear that I love you.
i love you when you are sober, and I love you when you have a few good ketel one vodka's.
I love you with your friends, I love you when you are happy and being stupid. I love to see your smile. I light up from it every day.
I mean I will hold you when you are sick, and I will pray you come home to me every day, i pray i will be able to breathe you in at night, i pray for your safety and your mental well being throughout everything. I pray that you can walk and talk and love me with all of your limbs, bones, sinews and blood. I pray to be a button on your jeans, or the kevlar you wear every day, just so i can be the one who is near you, who can protect you the way you always protect me.
but most of all, I pray that you love me too. Even on the days when everything else is too much to bear.
-- In the depths of winter, I finally learnt in me there was an invincible summer. ~Albert Camus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment