Thursday, October 2, 2008

Redemption


Today is the 2 year Anniversary of the loss of my father.

At 48- he was a shining star, a bright light, my hero- and he was lost to the world.

He was diagnosed with LUNG CANCER and passed on 18 months later. He smoked 2 packs of Malboro Reds a day- for 30 years.

I miss him with all my heart and soul. my Father was the person who helped me through the tough times, and sometimes just gave me a pat on the shoulder and told me " you can do it"

he beleived in me, and i know he is out there, somewhere, still beleiving and rooting for me.


Go home and hug your parents and loved ones. Give them an extra hug for me, because i cant hug him anymore.

I know he is up there praying for me and my family.

We are going to visit his gravestone on Sunday.

I hope he forgives me for all the heartache I'm sure I gave him growing up.

I miss you daddy.






3 comments:

Matt said...

Sorry to hear about your father. My thoughts are with you.

ps- I was wondering about where you have been hiding!!

Anonymous said...

Awww, that's crummy. I'm so sorry that you have lost your dad. It sucks to lose a parent no matter how old you are. Biggest of hugs to you.

pure evyl said...

48 is far too young to be taken away. I send you my best wishes and hopes. Take care.