Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Great County Yard Sale!

Wow- So I just came across this article about the Nassau Country yard sale. Yep, You heard me right- the COUNTY is selling a bunch of stuff they found and dont need anymore, like pianos, boilers, mac trucks and the occasional montblanc pen. ( Somewhat Related: have I mentioned that its easier to get into HARVARD LAW than to get into Nassau Country PD? friggin jerks!)

Its like a really rich ancestor died, and now we have all this fun stuff to sell.

So I was thinking of what i would have to get rid of, if i ever decided to stop being a packrat and make some room in my life :)

here is my little list- Take that nassau county!!

1- About 4 broken/out of date ipods-- I cant help it- its all the engravings i get- it makes me want to keep them forever and ever.
2- 2 copies of my highschool yearbook. I guess i only need one.
3-Clothing that *clearly* doesnt fit me anymore, that ive kept because it was weird and i felt like a rebel at the time of purchase/wearing (think commado boots, pink wig, big spanishy earrings, a miniskirt that shows bootie {never wore that one outside lol} and countless brighly colored shawls)
4-Textbooks from my BA in Advertising that i was too lazy to sell back after the semester
5- A little brother, hes 22, slightly used, and somewhat inconsiderate, But very lovable!
6-The entire goosebumps series. Yep, I read EVERY single one.
7-Those t-shirts that were given out as promotions to my 5th grade(7th grade, senior dinner, 3rd grade parade, family day at a job i dont work at anymore, etc) that are taking up the space above my closet
8-Babysitters club Books
9-my Walkman
10-the tapes for my Walkman

5 comments:

colbymarshall said...

I'm getting stuff together to sell at a yard sale this weekend, and you know what? I found out that I have a lot of random stuff that I don't need but don't want to sell anyway!

Y of F said...

sell it to the city :) they'll auction it off for you!

MJ said...

I have every single one of those things, except for the extra iPods and my brother is older than me. Luckily I got rid of some stuff when I moved into my apartment. I had to make space for all the shoes.

Anonymous said...

DIBS on the little brother if he does yard work! Unless he eats a lot--in which case, never mind.

Saw over on MJ's blog that you're new to blogging. Welcome and Congrats! :D

Y of F said...

mj- shoes and i have issues. It stems form me being a size 4.5 Ill loan you my bro if you want a little one:)

Trainor- HA! i wish he does yard work. all he does is make laundry and dirty dishes :) Thanks for the warm welcome ! this is fun!