Thursday, September 11, 2008

The American Spirit Never Dies.

As a Native New Yorker, This day takes a special, and very touching meaning to me and my family. My friends have lost loved ones, and my Cop remembers the role he played on that Fateful day.

I am full of sadness as I remember, today, the 7th anniversary of the end of so many lives, the breaking of so many families. The first Responders, the fellow cops and firemen, and EMS workers, who gave their lives to support and save our loved ones.

Rabbi Rosenblum's Brother, Mr. Zeplins Brother, MY friends and family, words cannot even to begin to express the sympathy and sadness i feel today.

We must stand together as a nation, and as a New Yorker, Passing Ground Zero Every day as i go to work, We must never forget. EVER.

The American Spirit will NEVER die.


Jewish Prayer

The following is a Prayer for Peace that is traditionally included in the Shabbat (Saturday) service. It is chanted together and a lovely prayer, drawn as most prayers in Judaism, from Biblical sources. May these words come true:

May we see the day when war and bloodshed cease
when a great peace will embrace the whole world

Then nation shall not threaten nation
and humankind will not again know war.

For all who live on earth shall realize
we have not come into being to hate or destroy
We have come into being
to praise, to labour and to love.

Compassionate God, bless all the leaders of all nations
with the power of compassion.

Fulfill the promise conveyed in Scripture:
"I will bring peace to the land,and you shall lie down and no one shall terrify you.I will rid the land of vicious beastsand it shall not be ravaged by war."
Let love and justice flow like a mighty stream.
Let peace fill the earth as the waters fill the sea.

And let us say: Amen


No matter what Faith you are, These words ring true for all.
May we merit to see the redemption and peace speedily, and in our days,

AMEN.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never forget. My thoughts exactly.

Mister Manly

Anonymous said...

I never will. Nice tribute. ;)

Y of F said...

mister manly- thank you. it is definitely manly to remember our heroes.

peter- thanks!!

MJ said...

Amen.

colbymarshall said...

I know I will never forget. Beautiful post.

pure evyl said...

Truly words to aspire to.