Yes. I am a 24 year old who calls my mothers sister "Auntie" So what. Gotta problem? Have I mentioned I'm from Brooklyn? I can take you.
Any who, My auntie and her boss got a nice little write up over here at a blog called Pistols and Popcorn.
I am So Proud.
Have any of you ever had lice? Its very frustrating and annoying experience. However it lends nothing to how clean you are. These buggers (pun actually intended) *prefer* clean hair to dirty hair. (Which explains why I have given up on shampooing j/k)
Any who, When I was 5, I caught lice from a Costumed Winnie the Pooh at Disney land. For YEARS I struggled with getting it out, every chemical known to man was absorbed by my scalp (Hey... that explains a LOT) and it was to no avail. Especially because my hair looked like this:

My aunt Rozie Tawil Lice out NY do things the old-fashioned way. They remove the lice, and nits (eggs) one Scratchy little Workerbiterbloodsuckeridiot at a time. They guarantee their work, which means, if they forgot one, you get a full comb out, again, free of charge.
Have you Ever gotten lice? Any fun Bug stories?
7 comments:
Do you still have nightmares about the Hundred Acre Wood?
At the prison, we once had an entire dorm of female inmates infested with lice. When I had to do security checks, it looked like a bunch of monkeys grooming each other in there.
Nothing wrong with calling your aunt Auntie. I think once someone is your Auntie they are always your Auntie. :) I don't think we (my sisters and I) ever had lice but I remember the scare back in school when someone had them so all the moms bought the special shampoos and combs and checked our heads and hair like crazy.
Never had lice. I probably had every other childhood affliction out there, but not lice...
I was a victim in the first grade. I don't really remember much more than that fact. I must have been pretty traumatized.
OMG, Evyl's comment is just so wrong. Why am I sitting here at work LOL? Muah-ha-ha-ha! No, we've escaped the lice bug thing this far...
Hey!
Thanks for the shout-out!
Love your blog. Try to eat more than tic-tacs. It's the mother in me......
Jodi
www.pistolsandpopcorn.com
PE- Um. yes. i really am still, to this day, grossed out by costumed critters.
and GROSS! but awesome.
Teeni- Damn Straight. I love my auntie, especially because it rhymes so well with her name- Auntie Rozie. Doesnt that have a great ring to it?
MJ- Your luckier than most. where i come from its almost like a rite of passage " have you been to dalya yet?, oh well then your not really from here.."
peter-Its a very traumatizing experience. i sat in bathtgubs with crap in my hair for most of my childhood...
java- Youre one of the luckier ones. If you have kids, teach them that head rubbing is just wrong.
jodi- NP! ure not too bad yourself!
Im working on the tic tacs thing. it is better than cofee and cigarettes, so at least im headed in a somewhat rediculous upward direction...
Post a Comment