Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Should I feel guilty?

here I am messin with my blog- And my boss calls me into my office.

uh. oh..

I quickly pull up my Outlook, and Walk in- notebook and pen in hand..


"sarah, We just wanted to let you know, that we are giving you a raise. (after that i heard, blahblahblahblahblah)"

HOLY SHIT!!

its a HUGE raise. really substantial... I mean i have been pulling in significant work, increasing revenue each month.. etc etc.. but i do goof off a lot!


should i feel guilty?

12 comments:

colbymarshall said...

Whoop, whoop! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

In a time when people are laid off, you are recognized by management.Your value has an employee is evident.

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

If they feel they are getting their money's worth, who are you to argue. ;)

Y of F said...

thanks colby, auria :)

I guess its back to goofing off for me:) for more $!

Anonymous said...

Outstanding! Congrats to you! :D

ozymandiaz said...

I concur with Peter's assessment of the situation. Hell, wehre I work, the more I goofed off the more accolades I recieved. In fact, it got to the point where I goofed off so much I recieved two promotions in a year. Then again I do work for the government who seems as concerned with productivity as ardvarks are in asteroids.

ozymandiaz said...

p.s.
congratulations.

MJ said...

Hoorah!

Don't feel guilty, the last time they called me in for a raise, I had to downsize the Shockwave game I was playing lol.

Anonymous said...

Guilty? How about hesitant about posting this? Scared? Frightened? Freaked out!

Y of F said...

ozy- ! thanks for stopping by!
your telling me! I cant wait to work for the City :) one day!

MJ- seriously! its so funny how little we do with so much.. or .. er.. how much we do with so little!

livin-:) Freaked out much. if my boss knew what a blog was lol!

pure evyl said...

Congrats. And don't feel guilty at all. Stress relief is an important part of time management.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on that raise, and hell no I wouldn't feel the least bit bad about it. I got a raise in June and I put it to good use already. Bought a 42 inch LCD TV. It makes the payments and get to sit in it's warm glow at night.