Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Can Someone get me Down?

cat
So today is one of those days. After a 3 hour meeting with my boss and the other department managers, we have concluded the following:
1. I work too much
2. We need to hire me an assistant
3. I'm a genius whos talent is going to waste filling in spreadsheets, when i could be making millions.

Conclusion: 3 hours Wasted, 75 hour work weeks for me! Plus Grad School in T-11 days and Counting.

Ever get the feeling like someone is setting you up for monumental failure?
At least my Future Mother in Law is proud.

Um... Thanks guys?

5 comments:

MJ said...

Hurray for being an overachiever!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

Could be worse. I've had three hour meetings where the only thing decided was when the next meeting would be.

As to being set up, I think you should immediately find a lawyer and sue for sexual harassment. If you loose and they fire you, find another lawyer and a shrink, then sue because the excessive hours they expect you to work drove you crazy, and terminating your employment was discrimination against the mentally ill. :)

the Grit

Y of F said...

the grit.. i miss those days of nothing ness...
Mj- Im scared.... its high up here

Anonymous said...

I've always had a love-hate relationship with careers. I always want to move up when I know I'm better than the boneheads around me, but then I see all the hours, life sacrifices, kiss-assing, and other crap that is expected when you move up the ladder and that stuff really bugs me. Well, at least I don't have to worry about that anymore as I have stayed at home since my diagnosis. My sypathies for you though. I remember all the frustration and aggravation with the red tape too. I hope you can get some competent help hired. I love the photo of the bear in the tree. Is that a tiny cat at the bottom? Too funny.

Y of F said...

teeni- thanks.. yeah its a toughw orld out here, but it funds my shoe fetish, among others.

get well soon, on a side note.