Monday, August 11, 2008

For the First Time

Today, I saw my Man Put on his Full uniform. I watched him strap on his Kevlar, and secure his duty belt. I shined his shoes for him, and watched as he slipped my picture into his hat and put that on too.

I have never been so afraid, and so proud in my entire life.

gd protect those who protect us...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is powerful. I'm praying right along with you, dear.

MJ said...

It is a very proud and scary moment. I remember the day I was helping DBF put on his badge for the first time. Tears were inevitable, as well as prayers.

Y of F said...

teeni- thanks. he happen to make a crazy arrest that night.. he worked a 24 hour shift poor kid.

mj- i stopped crying when he goes to work. now i just pray. a lot.