So I have to say that stupid people never cease to amaze me. I have been working in my office for a little over a year now. I have no sense of entitlement, nor do I believe that I am irreplaceable. I take every day as a blessing, and work my ass off for where I am.
I was lucky enough to be able to extend my fortunate position and get a friend of mine a job. She worked for 2 months, but she ended up finding something a bit closer to home ( my office is 1 hour commute from NY- and 1.5 hours for her- she lived further out)
No big deal right?! Sometimes it just doesn’t work out.
BLAHH!!! The girl she was helping, turned ANIMAL when she found out that my friend quit. Called her every ethnic obscenity in the books.
Im not the most stuck up girl out there. I can deal with the occasional off-color joke. Being a minority (arab jew) I have to take it with a grain of salt. But the things this girl said made ME blush. Can you imagine? And they weren’t jokes, just flat out- skinhead type obscenities. Not to mention, the girl who quit was a good friend of mine. She couldn’t think of a better audience?!?!
Uch. I am shocked and appalled at the audacity of some people.
Maybe I shouldn’t be by now though…
What do you guys do when faced with this ridiculous shit?
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I tend to talk shit to the shit talker, letting them know exactly how I feel about the matter, and if it was as bad as you say, I would bring it up to a supervisor as well.
I think I would have said, "Well, sheesh if that is how you really felt about the person, maybe she picked up on those vibes and that is why she left." But that may not be appropriate. I've been known to speak my mind and then people don't know how to deal with me so then it becomes an uncomfortable situation all around. Maybe it would be better to just look at them in amazement and let them wonder until they realize what an @ss they are being? I don't know. Kudos to you for not losing your cool.
want to borrow the Monkey or the ninja squirrels (or both)? They could probably sort some things out for you.
I have had to deal with a few comments about my interracial marraige and my kids being bi-racial. To me these people are complelty ignorant and not worth the time it would take to put them in their place. She obviously has some issues. However you should keep her in mind for next years slap a moron day.
peter- this Chick is really something else..
Teeni- your tellin me! i kept my nmouth shut out of pure laziness. and because i wouldhave gotten fired if i didnt.
colby- ill take 2 of each please.
matt- i know! its really sick.
kelsee- i can see that bein tough. its such a pain how thickheaded people are.
To be honest it shows me what a merciful and loving God we have.
Because if I were God, I would let loose an angry wombat on those people. Or maybe just strike them with lightning. Or a flaming car.
i vote for the flaming car.. ARGHS
Violence usually works for me. Sometimes the mere threat of violence is enough.
How many racial slurs are there for hispanic people? =)
Somehow I am not surprised though. Teeni has a point. I vote for angry wombats.
Eh, lucky for all of us I am not easily offended.
Thank you, again.
Anonymous: I appreciate the understanding. sorry. again.
It's too bad you didn't get it on tape!
Imagine your next job review, where you go in all sad and uncomfortable at the working environment you're forced to deal with, and mention casually that you're gonna have to leave because of all the stress, and if it wasn't for your cop boyfriend, and all his lawyer "friends," you wouldn't know what to do...
Sounds like the rest of grad school is paid for, and you get a "vacation!" LOL!
Seriously, she's an @ssh@le. Not worth your time. Just file it under "you're incredibly stupid," and move on...
As a fellow Jew (but living in the deep south) I can commiserate with you. You wouldn't imagine the crap I hear, daily. (After all, "MY" people killed Jesus, right?) Oy!
And if that doesn't work... wombats. Definitely wombats. Or evil ferrets. I hear they can be quite nasty.
Ronin
Post a Comment