I am , in essense the ultimate hypocrisy.
Im jewish. somewhat religious, and im syrian.
Thats right. i am an Arab jew.
I am a Middle-Eastern Jew.
Although my loyalties are strictly Jewish, I have family that stayed behind in Syria, and I worry about wars, and bombings, and such.
Except there's a part of me that wants Israel to take over that little area.
But enough with the politics. I cannot even begin to tell you how many funny looks when other, more European Jews see me, and say
"you don't look Jewish at all!" or "your from Syria- so your Muslim right?"
ARGhs.
I know I'm a walking contradiction. Some people love me for it. Some people hate me.
Take it as you will.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I would think it makes you more interesting, well-rounded and a more compassionate person.
Or, all the confusion of other people would drive you insane!
:)
awww.
yeah. confusion tends to rule the day...
Boy and I always feel like I don't fit in anywhere. I guess you must feel like that quite a bit. But I'll accept you and like you for who you are so long as you are kind and respectful to others. Thanks for commenting at the tea room!
nice.. i try to be respectful.. except when people cut me off. then all bets are off:)
but thanks! and ill sure to stop by again!
I think most people are walking contradictions in one form or another. ;0)
That sounds like the opening monologue for a comic act. "That's right, I'm a middle eastern Jew..." :D
I like nice people. Mean people suck. You seem nice enough. ;) I like you just the way you are. :)
Far from hyprocrisy, I find it exotic.
ktrainor- i always though t about doing standup:P
peter- i may not always be politically correct, but thanks for accepting me :)- your pretty cool too
Evyl- thanks:) i love being exotic:)
oh, the irony.
matt- thats why im so friggin konfused...
I think Evyl meant to say "erotic"
LOL ;)
Post a Comment