Thursday, August 28, 2008

"What are you, The Dog police?"

So my Cop was at home depot yesterday, doing Manly construction oriented type things (im sure MisterManly will approve) As he walks to the front of the store, he passes a car, and hears a whimpering sound, so being the awesomeness that he is, goes to investigate.

What he finds, is a small terrier, pressed agaisnt the glass of an SUV, crying. The window was Cracked open just a tiny tiny bit.

Shocked, but without much else to do, he walks into home depot and does his thing. An hour later, he heads back out to the parking lot. And sees the dog. In the same spot. Still crying.

P.s. Its over 90 degrees, and im sure much worse in this poor little dogs prison.

So he is standing there, trying to decide what to do next, when he sees the Owner (or Captor) walk up towards the car.

So My boy tells her-
"Listen lady, you cant do that to your dog. its illegal and really dangerous. She can die that way."

The lady, Obviously Miffed that her evil plans were ruined- asks indignatly "Why do you care, what are you, the Dog Police?

To which my Man, without blinking an eye, Slowly maneuvers his hands, and smoothly reveals the gun and badge attached to his belt.

"No Ma'am, I'm the People Police."

Needless to say- she released her dog from its prison ... and then some.

8 comments:

MJ said...

:thumbsup: Good for him!
What an idiot!
I'm always so afraid to leave my pup in the car! Even when it is cool outside, I am afraid to leave him in there. And if I just have to, it's no more than five minutes - and he has a water bowl available with a blankie, toy, and treat, windows cracked. What can I say, I'm obsessed!

Anonymous said...

Haha, good one. Poor doggy. Someone ought to lock that lady in a car with the windows barely cracked.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

I certainly do. I am disappointed, although understanding of the complexities of the situation, that your Cop let her off with a warning. Surely, at least a tiny dose of pepper spray was warranted.

Mister Manly

Matt said...

HAHA- that was awesome.

MJ said...

I gave you a blog award today :)
Come and get it!

Y of F said...

mj- thanks man- its scary to leave dogs like that, especially in the heat. that lady was a crackhead.

Peter- I was thinking that would be a just punishment

MisterManly- It would have been, but the cop doesnt carry his pepper Spray off duty. he only carries his Glock, you cant just do a little dose of Glock. Its all or nothing.

ve- your tellin me!!
Matt, pure evyl- thanks!!

colbymarshall said...

HAHAH! YAY for your man! I HATE it when people do that. It's terrible!

Anonymous said...

This cracked me up. Sorry, I thought I had already commented over here on this one. Apparently I was sleep-blogging again. :shock: